Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Location: Baltimore, MD
About the Company:
The Venetoulis Institute for Local Journalism is a non-profit news media company launching The Baltimore Banner in the second quarter of 2022. The company is a high-profile, well-funded startup supported by some of the top names in the media industry and has been featured in The Atlantic, Washington Post, and New York Times, among others. Solely focused on the Baltimore area, they are creating a new paradigm for digital-first, cross-channel local media. Their content will extend across the web, mobile (app), radio (terrestrial and satellite), and video (TV and digital). Their vision is to be the leading provider of news and lifestyle content in the Baltimore area.
About the Job:
The company is seeking a Lifecycling Marketing Manager looking to drive high-touch, personalized digital customer experiences in a fast-growing organization. The candidate will be expected to drive best-in-class execution for marketing campaigns that drive subscriptions, high-value-actions, engagement, and retention. They will also provide direction to key customer-facing functions, including customer care. Deep empathy for the customer is essential to success in this role.
• Partner with marketing leadership to understand the company mission and translate it into effective marketing strategies and campaigns
• With guidance from marketing leadership, create highly-targeted, personalized omnichannel experiences to drive high-value actions
• Assist with creating, executing, and tracking test plans that drive customer acquisition and increase customer engagement, including price, offer, creative, and high-value actions that increase customer lifetime value
• Architect our lifecycle marketing experience to deliver on engagement, retention, CLV across multiple touchpoints and channels such as email, SMS, direct mail, and the eCommerce experience
• Create and deploy targeted on-brand communications across relevant channels. Manage day to day operations of email copywriting/ production, QA, and optimization of lifecycle campaigns
• Create and execute metrics-driven audience strategies that extend reach, increase reader engagement and maximize CLV. Develop, track, and own all relevant KPIs
• Manage outsourced business resources, including marketing operations and customer service. Identify and build processes to integrate with necessary tools and platform
• Identify product, marketing, and customer service opportunities to engage customers along their journey to increase customer satisfaction, repeat purchase, referral, and lifetime value
• 3+ years of experience in strategic digital marketing roles
• Data-oriented mindset, with an ability to turn data into insights. Ability to use data to inform marketing decisions and strategies. Ability to create reporting and recommendations for stakeholders and / or leadership.
• Comfortable with ambiguity – clear track record of creating clarity, defining outcomes, and achieving goals.
• Bachelor’s degree
Nice to Have’s:
• Experience in B2C digital marketing, including eCommerce, paid media channels, marketing analytics, automation, and attribution.
• Experience using leading communication and experience platforms (Email, Web Analytics, on-site, payment management) focusing on personalization.
• Experience with customer journey mapping – deep empathy for the customer, their behaviors, and their whys