VP Human Resources
Location: Washington DC Area
The Human Resources VP originates and leads human resources practices and objectives that will provide an associate-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Directs the implementation of services, policies, and programs through the leadership team; and serves on the executive management team; and assists and advises company leaders about human resources issues.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Coaches executive and operating management teams.
Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process.
Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations.
Reviews employee appeals through the company complaint procedure.
Prepares annual budget for human resources operations
Writes, designs, directs and manages a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as talent review, succession planning, HiPo development, workforce planning, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
Writes and manages employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, employee focus groups, and one-on-one meetings.
Identifies and monitors the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
Manages the corporate-wide committees including the culture and communications committee.
Keeps the CEO and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed at the management level.
Partners to implement new functionality and business process improvements including determining requirements gathering, testing, roll-out, and end user training and adoption.
Optimizes HR systems to meet workforce requirements creating opportunities for automation, reduction of manual processes, and simple, compliant processes.
Lead the effort to leverage metrics to evaluate and identify human resources process improvements and opportunities.
Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
Formulates and recommends human resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations.
Partners with management to communicate human resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance,and equity within organization.
Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
Deliver and/or coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations,promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
• Above average oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other human resources programs.
• Specialized training in organizational planning and organization development, preferred.
• Active affiliation with appropriate human resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and ten (10) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.