Sr. Manager, Customer Engagement & Retention
Location: Baltimore, MD
The company is a high profile well-funded startup that is supported by some of the top names in the media industry, including The Lenfest Institute, Mike Bloomberg and Stewart Bainum Jr. Solely focused on the Baltimore area, they are creating a new paradigm for digital first, cross-channel local media. Their content will extend across web, mobile (app), radio (terrestrial and satellite) and video (TV and digital). Their vision is to be the leading provider of news and lifestyle content in the Baltimore area.
The company is seeking a Senior Manager of Customer Engagement & Retention who is looking to apply their digital marketing skillset in a dynamic and fast-growing organization. The ideal candidate is a highly data-driven individual with deep expertise in customer lifecycle marketing, CLV maximization, retention strategy, and technical proficiency in email marketing, newsletter programs, and mobile messaging.
• Partner with senior leadership to understand company mission and translate into audience development and customer engagement objectives.
• Create metrics-driven audience strategies that extend audience reach, increase reader engagement, and maximize customer lifetime value.
• Lead newsletter marketing, ensuring vibrant and profitable growth in email lists, and identify opportunities for newsletter development.
• Partner with Editorial, Branding, Product and Analytics to identify and implement effective strategies for audience engagement and high-value customer actions.
• Partner with newsroom to optimize content distribution and engagement. Evangelize audience development & engagement strategies in the newsroom.
• Own test agenda for retention marketing efforts, including price, offer, creative, high-value actions that lead to efficient scaling of the business. Develop, track, and own all relevant KPI’s.
• Lead the tool selection / process development of email, newsletter, and messaging technologies.
Extensive experience in a digital customer lifecycle marketing environment. Strong preference given to digital B2C and subscription-driven experiences.
Advanced knowledge of successful audience development strategies, customer engagement methods, and associated technologies and metrics.
Extensive experience using email platforms and tools that enable personalized and trigger-based and customer journeys.
Excellent analytical, creative, and communication skills are essential. A direct marketing background with a test and learn mindset and appreciation for ROI is valuable.
Experience with successful credit card recycling programs and familiarity with payment processing is a plus.
Flexible style of working to be hands-on or/and strategic based on business needs.
Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Media and/or Marketing. Master’s degree preferred.
High ethics and integrity. Ability to think and act fast.