Senior Director of Data Science
Location: NY, Chicago or LA
IQ Workforce is a leading recruiting firm for the analytics & data science communities.
Our client is the media arm of the #1 global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company in the world. They provide services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. Like most media agencies, they have dozens of open jobs at the moment. What sets these opportunities apart are: the strength of their brand in the marketplace (they have been named “Agency of the Year” for the past two years), the quality of their clients (blue chip, digital first cutting edge companies with huge media budgets), and the fact that they are truly data-led. Every facet of the client engagement is driven by your team’s work.
They are fully remote now, but later this year MOST of their roles will be moving to a hybrid model in which they will ask you to be in the office 1-2 days/week. There are exceptions and a handful of the roles will remain remote on an ongoing basis.
The Senior Director, Data Science reports to the Managing Director, Marketing Science and will oversee the delivery of advanced analytics solutions tied to business and marketing performance. A successful Senior Director should possess both an analytical mind but also creativity to leverage analytics within media to guide our data driven performance-based approaches.
The Senior Director will be responsible for managing a data science team within the larger Marketing science department to ensure staff are trained appropriately while partnering with the other Marketing Science disciplines. The Senior Director will play a critical role in working across cross-functional partners to establish best practices for the agency.
About the Role:
• Lead advanced measurement in partnership with Marketing Science counterparts
• Provide analytical leadership in cross-channel measurement and clearly explain complex ideas to multiple audiences
• Spearhead internal data driven proprietary tool development in cooperation with cross-functional key stakeholders
• Act as a subject matter expert in analytics for cross channel measurement, reporting and attribution, audience creation
• Guide test designs and analyses using advanced analytics techniques
• Develop effective relationships with key client contacts and business partners, taking lead on data and analytics focused initiatives and communications along side client Marketing Science lead
• Work alongside client teams to set up test designs and run analyses to support test outcomes that demonstrate business performance and opportunity to improve
• Experience with people management
• Creative thinker in leveraging analytics to solve client issues
• Outstanding project management and organization skills driving cross-functional teams; abroad and locally
• Solution-oriented with an impeccable eye for detail, you are comfortable with ambiguity and can grasp new concepts.
• Extensive experience managing senior stakeholders with a professional demeanor and functional expertise
• Effective communicator while evoking camaraderie between all team members
• Ability to provide “thought leadership” and creative problem solving when dealing with a client’s data challenges
• Strong organizational, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Minimum 9+ years of work experience in analytics roles
• Proficient in SAS, R, Python or other advanced analytics languages
• Experience in ad-serving and web analytics tools
• Fluent with concepts of database design and SQL