Senior Director, Marketing Science
Location: NY, Chicago or LA
IQ Workforce is a leading recruiting firm for the analytics & data science communities.
Our client is the media arm of the #1 global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company in the world. They provide services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. Like most media agencies, they have dozens of open jobs at the moment. What sets these opportunities apart are: the strength of their brand in the marketplace (they have been named “Agency of the Year” for the past two years), the quality of their clients (blue chip, digital first cutting edge companies with huge media budgets), and the fact that they are truly data-led. Every facet of the client engagement is driven by your team’s work.
They are fully remote now, but later this year MOST of their roles will be moving to a hybrid model in which they will ask you to be in the office 1-2 days/week. There are exceptions and a handful of the roles will remain remote on an ongoing basis.
They are looking for a Senior Director on the Marketing Science team. This person will be a leader who will be accountable for the analytics strategy and for the delivery of work across audience analytics (audience strategy, audience insights, segmentation, etc), measurement and business intelligence (measurement framework, learning agenda, optimizations, post campaign analytics, etc) and advanced analytics (predictive modelling, data science).
You will own the client relationship and manage a team to drive your vision for the account. You will own the Marketing Science roadmap for your account and will be accountable to drive continuous improvement on their work. Collaboration with other leaders across Planning, Investment and Business Operations is key to deliver on your clients’ business objectives.
External facing responsibilities:
• Set the vision, strategy and roadmap to deliver bleeding edge marketing sciences solutions on your portfolio of clients,
• Develop relationships with clients by providing strategic advisory on how data and analytics can help unlock strategic opportunities
• Encourage creative use of data to solve client’s business challenges and support client’s growth, in close alignment with Planning and Investment teams
• Deliver thought leadership by exploring new ways to enhance, develop or execute insights through data and analytics (new partners, new technologies, innovative use of existing solutions)
• Develop best in class data-driven solutions, in collaboration with Planning and Investment teams
• Become a trusted advisor to client leads and senior clients and consult on audience strategy, measurement, and advanced analytics
• Share POVs regarding industry changes in the data and analytics space (future of measurement, new data solutions like clean rooms, attention measurement, etc..)
Internal facing responsibilities:
• Provide methodological support, coaching, training and advice to your direct reports and to the broader teams
• Actively help to develop and grow Marketing Sciences offerings by contributing to POVs and exchanging knowledge with colleagues and in the broader network,
• Keep in front of industry trends and developments by conducting research, engaging in training and attending industry events
• Industry Knowledge in marketing analytics and data
• Experience in integrated marketing related to media and/or customer journey development, including budgeting, revenue forecasting, ROI development.
• Expertise in audience-based marketing and data-driven advertising
• Solution development: analytic skills, critical thinking and clarifying strategic & operational issues as relates to data and analytics. Problem-solving skills to drive issues to resolution.
• Proven leadership ability and strong, impactful client relationship experience
• Stellar communication and presentation skills
• Ability to train and coach colleagues for growth
• Passionate about driving change by adopting emerging technologies in the advertising space
• A university degree and 10 years of data and analytics experience in advertising, management consulting, marketing or digital consulting