Senior Data Science Consultant
Location: Austin, TX
IQ Workforce is a leading recruiting firm for the analytics & data science communities. We are working with one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the world on this interesting role on their digital solutions team in the U.S.
Their analytics, insights & reporting (AIR) practice is the fastest growing business unit in the world. They are looking for a Sr. Analytics Consultant. This is a customer-facing role that combines hands-on advanced analytics (statistical modeling, forecasting, machine learning, NLP, etc.) responsibilities with strategy consulting and program management. If you are an experienced data scientist who wants to move “closer to the business,” expand your skill set and gain team leadership experience this could be a great role for you.
• Apply experience and expertise in quantitative data analysis, problem solving, story-telling and the ability to look beyond the numbers and develop deep understanding of how recommendations impact business objectives.
• Perform tasks independently, lead analytics delivery teams and direct the efforts of junior analytics consultants.
• Own end-to-end management of analytical modeling projects; ensure quality, accuracy, relevance and consumption of analytical results and recommendations.
• Anticipate client’s unarticulated needs and formulate solutions to business issues.
• Contribute to new business pilots/proposals and products/solutions development.
• Prescribe suitable solutions with an understanding in limitations of toolsets and available data. Synthesize complex statistical model results into clear, well-supported and compelling insights and recommendations.
• Develop tangible analytical projects; communicate project details to clients and internal delivery team via written documents and presentations; communications will range from high level to detailed level depending on need and will take the form of specifications, diagrams, and data/process models.
This role will collaborate across many areas of the business, including service delivery, client engagement, business development, and practice development. The Analytics Consultant will work with customers in their offices as necessary, helping to design the best processes and approaches for providing critical decision support capability.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative discipline.
• 5+ years of post-academic experience in predictive modeling or relevant analytics for an “enterprise-scale” company.
• Experience in managing analytical projects and teams.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Proven experience in prioritizing and delegating work to meet deadlines, objectives and quality metrics.
• Manage procurement of data from various sources and perform data audits.
• Facilitate, track, coordinate and communicate reactive and proactive support status and enhancement requests, between the client stakeholders and delivery teams.
• Minimal travel
• Demonstrate knowledge of Marketing OR Operational Analytics, statistical techniques such as propensity modeling, text analytics, time-series forecasting etc.
• Experience with Python and/or R. Hadoop, SAS experience are a plus.
• Experience with SQL and data visualization
• Demonstrate excellent communications skills, both written and spoken, as well as being able to present complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, including keeping team to project timelines and expected deliverable quality.
• Be comfortable working autonomously or with broad guidelines; this role will often be working independently at client offices.