Senior Analytics Engineer
Our client is a fast-growing multichannel (e-commerce + retail) fashion company. They have made major strides in the past year in building an impressive, modern data & analytics tool stack. This role will report to their Head of Analytics and work closely with with their Data Analyst, Marketing, Planning, Operations and Finance teams. This role will also work closely with leadership to design, build, manage, and analyze data.
This role will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing end-to-end analytics infrastructure, keeping data flowing into the warehouse, transforming, and modeling the data, managing dashboards, and running ad-hoc queries and analysis.
• Work with leadership to understand all analytics requirements in the company and develop a prioritized plan to address company requirements.
• Own the ELT process, data pipelining, dbt transform, data validation, and model documentation. Ensure that best practices are being followed and that both short term and long-term requirements are considered.
• Translate business requirements into performant data models and data visualizations.
• Involve in Design, development, and maintenance of Data Warehouse environment.
• Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
• 2+ years of experience as an Analytics/Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ELT processes using DBT
• 2+ years of hands-on SQL experience
• 2+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
• Experience working on cross-functional projects and ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical leaders.
• Experience owning and setting up analytics workflows end-to-end preferred.
• Experience working with Google Bigquery & Fivetran preferred.
• Experience with a BI/Visualization tools preferred.
• Experience with Shopify (Bonus KWI POS System) preferred.
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
• Experience with a Customer Data Platform like Segment is preferred