QA Engineer / Junior Software Engineer
NCC Media is the only multiscreen media sales company that represents video programming providers and select digital partners in every US market. Our mission is to provide national, regional and local marketers with advertising solutions that allow them to reach today’s consumers in premium television programming and in targeted online content on every screen.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
• Monitor debugging process results
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
• Proven work experience in software development and/or development of automated QA
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
• Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related job experience