Manager Supply Chain Data Science
Location: Philadelphia Area
To maintain our #1 Healthcare supply chain serving our patients, customers and parents – and remaining agile in the new digital world, J&J is looking to build capability in developing supply chain solutions that enable supporting the above initiatives.
The role requires both an in-depth knowledge of existing advanced analytics practices and approaches including Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, building data pipelines and advanced visualization and the ability to influence and convince others, leadership and creativity to invent, customize and work in a multidisciplinary environment to drive business solutions. Knowledge of application of advanced analytics to manufacturing and especially pharmaceutical / healthcare / medical device manufacturing is highly desirable.
The candidate will report to director of J&J SC Data Science to:
• Gather requirements for development of machine learning based solutions targeted to our pharmaceutical manufacturing sites. Work closely with functions such as manufacturing, quality and other site subject matter experts
• Deploy machine learning based solutions and optimize solution based on continuous user experience feedback from subject matter experts
• Stay on the cutting edge of data science research and big data technologies by leading, implementing and creating novel solutions to influence decisions at various levels in the organization
• Work closely with colleagues to keep up-to-date with the latest approaches and advances in data science and evaluate vendor tools and external data sets as required –
• Work with data sciences/project teams with responsibility and accountability to drive business solutions
• Masters degree in Engineering / STEM discipline with 2+ years of work experience. A mix of engineering/manufacturing experience and with strong computational background is a plus. PhD candidates will also be considered.
• Exposure to manufacturing and/or supply chain processes in healthcare industry (pharma/med devices) is a plus
• Exposure to latest data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as random forecasts, neural networks, clustering, generalized linear regression, Bayesian models, natural language processing (NLP) is required
• Working knowledge of SQL server management studio, Hadoop Hive. Should be able to write SQL queries for data extraction and preliminary data analysis and profiling
• Working knowledge of python and various machine learning libraries
• Experience in building end-to-end machine learning based solutions – data acquisition, data pre-processing, python based model integration, advanced visualization on tools like tableau. Experience working with IT and data science modelers to orchestrate build-out of solution components listed above is highly desired
• Experience with ERP systems like SAP and non-ERP systems including unstructured data sources
• Experience in requirements gathering for advanced analytics solutions
• Working knowledge of agile product lifecycle management processes related to advanced analytics solutions involving sprints, version control, product upgrades, product releases etc.