Manager of Media/Marketing Data Operations
Location: NY or LA
IQ Workforce is a leading recruiting firm for the analytics & data science communities.
Our client is the media arm of the #1 global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company in the world. They provide services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. Like most media agencies, they have dozens of open jobs at the moment. What sets these opportunities apart are: the strength of their brand in the marketplace (they have been named “Agency of the Year” for the past two years), the quality of their clients (blue chip, digital first cutting edge companies with huge media budgets), and the fact that they are truly data-led. Every facet of the client engagement is driven by your team’s work.
They are fully remote now, but later this year MOST of their roles will be moving to a hybrid model in which they will ask you to be in the office 1-2 days/week. There are exceptions and a handful of the roles will remain remote on an ongoing basis.
They currently have several roles open on their data operations team, which provides oversight of the data generated throughout the campaign delivery and performance optimization throughout its lifecycle.
They will also work with other internal practice teams of Digital Analytics, Planning, and Digital Investment. They provide oversight of all digital media buys to ensure that they are following process, purchased, and inputted according to organizational standards. This role requires a strong familiarity with all available analytics and technology tools, both syndicated and proprietary. Candidate must have a mindset towards fostering processes through automation.
• Manage communications between internal teams in the US and India to manage the process for validating the implementation, optimization and reconciliation of all campaign data
o Ensure internal teams are entering and uploading all media buys and plans to buying systems and vendor platform systems according to organizational standards
o Work with the offshore teams to ensure that media data warehouse is maintained according to organizational standards for analytics teams
o Work with client account teams to translate business requirements into data processing, harmonization and visualization needs for offshore teams
o Manage the investigation and resolution of potential data issues identified in the data reporting application
o Create, gather and write business requirements documents and technical requirements documents
• Keep up to date on digital operations – buy changes, creative specifications, etc.
• Analyze data and consult with subject matter experts to design and develop Business Rules for data processing
• Maintain ongoing management and stewardship of data management, processing and reporting
• Experience within an advertising agency
• Experience in data governance and data quality processes in a data warehousing, ETL and business intelligence environment preferred
• In depth knowledge, experience and understanding of processes across multiple media channels
• Demonstrates strong eye/attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and detail oriented
• Comfortable working with budgets and numbers
• Advanced excel data manipulation skills required