Manager of Customer Engagement
Location: Baltimore, MD
The Venetoulis Institute for Local Journalism (www.venetoulisinstitute.org) is launching The Baltimore Banner, a new paradigm for digital first, cross-channel local media. Their content will extend across web, mobile, radio and video. Their vision is to be the leading provider of news and lifestyle content in the Baltimore area. Here is a note from the founder of the Institute regarding their mission: https://venetoulisinstitute.org/letter-from-founder-of-venetoulis-for-all-institute
The company is seeking a Manager of Customer Engagement who is looking to apply their digital marketing skillset in a dynamic and fast-growing organization. The ideal candidate is a data-driven individual with expertise in either customer lifecycle marketing or retention strategy.
• Partner with senior leadership to understand company mission and translate into audience development and customer engagement objectives.
• Create metrics-driven audience strategies that extend audience reach, increase reader engagement, and maximize customer lifetime value.
• Lead newsletter marketing, ensuring vibrant and profitable growth in email lists, and identify opportunities for newsletter development.
• Partner with Editorial, Branding, Product and Analytics to identify and implement effective strategies for audience engagement and high-value customer actions.
• Partner with newsroom to optimize content distribution and engagement. Evangelize audience development & engagement strategies in the newsroom.
• Own test agenda for retention marketing efforts, including price, offer, creative, high-value actions that lead to efficient scaling of the business. Develop, track, and own all relevant KPI’s.
• Lead the tool selection / process development of email, newsletter, and messaging technologies.
Experience in email marketing, newsletter programs and/or mobile messaging.
Experience in a digital customer lifecycle marketing environment.
Knowledge of audience development strategies, customer engagement methods or customer segmentation
Experience with associated technologies and metrics.
Experience using email platforms and tools that enable personalized customer journeys.
Excellent analytical, creative, and communication skills are essential.
Flexible style of working to be hands-on or/and strategic based on business needs.
Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Media and/or Marketing.
High ethics and integrity. Ability to think and act fast.