Director of Marketing Science
Location: New York
Our client is one of the top integrated ad agencies in the world. Their team puts together innovative integrated campaigns for the world’s top brands… all of which are driven by data analytics and data science.
They are looking for a Director to work within their Marketing Science team and alongside their Planning team to deliver on the promise of data driven creative development and performance. In order to advance the capability and integrate it within the the creative development process, the Director of Marketing Science will serve as the right hand on all insights work to support the development of the Creative Brief.
He/She should have a solid foundation in various research sources, tools, and methodologies including survey design. He/She must have in-depth experience working with brands delivering on marketing objectives in the area of the creative with a proven track record leading insights research team to support the planning process.
- Act as the voice of the consumer and ground campaign strategy in attitudinal and behavioral consumer insights, market opportunities, source of business, category and competitive analysis, brand attributes and positioning, audience sizing and cultural truths.
- Support planning of campaign through developing insight from various research and past campaign data sources including
- Assess business opportunity and identify gaps
- Gather information from client, media, other stakeholders: historical documents: research, segmentations, business goals, past performance, marketing plans, competitive information, product research, brand monitoring, MMM, Digital attribution, market opportunity/sizing/source of business, etc. Develop Measurement Framework and align across multiple internal and external stakeholders on Campaign KPIs, Leading Indicators, and Business Goals
- Utilization of data and tools drive insights across consumer, brand, competitive, category, culture as inputs for the Truths brief incorporating brand vs. category attributes
- Identify digital behavioral audience and possible sub or micro segmentation
- Uncover possible creative territories through click stream, content consumption, engagement data, and biometrics – consumer behavioral insights
- Incorporate Attitudinal + Behavioral impacts to consumer
- Uncover insights from data to map the Contextual Landscape + Contextual Moments
- Apply best practices for measurement and performance insights across a paid, owned, and earned multi-platform environment
- Consumer Journey Development and the ability to find leverage points for communications in the Path to Purchase: Pre-Market àIn Market à Post Purchase
- Critical/Analytical thinking: analyze data and draw useful conclusions (i.e. insights over information).
- Problem solving: identify problems and propose solutions through application of analytical thinking.
- Strong Media knowledge
- Working knowledge of multiple regression, especially time-series and panel regression analyses.
- Experience with SOME of the following: SAS, SPSS, SQL, Iconoculture, MRI, Mintel, WARC, Google Suite of Tools, Crimson Hexagon, Brandwatch, Forrester, Nielsen, Millward Brown, ComScore, Shareablee, Unmetric, DMP, IRI, Panel Studies, Focus Groups, Ethnography
- Knowledge and experience with stages of creative brief development as well as media and contextual planning