Director of Analytics
Who You Are
Do you love the idea of democratizing data but also understand the importance of data governance? Do you love solving problems with multiple stakeholders? Do you have demonstrated people and departmental leadership skills? If yes is the answer to all of these questions, then the Director, Analytics and Outcomes at Medscape is the role for you. This role combines technical skills of data analytics and with a passion for applying analytics to multiple applications, both internal and external. The ideal candidate will bring strong leadership, data management, analytical, communication, customer service, and problem solving skills.
What You Will Be Doing
This role requires a strategic and influential leader who is a catalyst for driving processes and solutions that allow teams to deliver insightful offerings accurately and efficiently. One day you’re working with Business Intelligence to integrate a new data source and the next you are implementing a new product or reporting system. This role requires a vision and passion for end to end delivering from data source to report. You will oversee internally developed systems, dashboards, software packages and other tools in order to collect, mine and report on these data. The role will have cross-functional and cross-divisional responsibilities to provide various stakeholders, including Sales, Audience Engagement, Outcomes, Marketing, Product and CME Compliance teams, with results-oriented data and performance metrics that can be presented externally.
• Proactively identify and advise executive leadership on data analytics and outcomes needs
• Streamline processes to deliver with quality on time
• Develop and implement data-driven solutions needs that tell the right story or provide the right data at the right time (e.g., dashboards, data sources, automations) for business
• Understand our online transactional processing systems, enterprise data warehouse, and data models
• Maintain quality assurance of data and associated tools
• Work with internal Medscape teams to improve database logic for internal tools and improve reporting functionality and efficiency
• Review technical documentation, and create how-to guides, cheat sheets, or other instructional materials for reporting products.
• Work with your team and business stakeholders to develop, verify, and release new reporting products and manage the review and investigation of defects
• Provide training on reporting platforms and products
• Provide Executive leadership with regular reporting
• Lead and mentor a team of analysts, researchers, and managers
• BA/BS in quantitative field with significant experience
• 3+ years in evaluation, education, or healthcare industry
• Leadership and team-building experience in cross-functional and complex work environments
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with exceptional presentation skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously—delivering on short-term requests but also continuously working toward the long-term vision
• Knowledge of data visualization dashboard tools, Tableau experience
• Experience in data modeling, data warehouses, and business intelligence platforms
• Must be proficient with MS Excel and SQL with the ability to write queries against an enterprise data warehouse to summarize and provide analytics and insights
• Experience with industry recognized business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Adobe Omniture, and Vertica
• Experience in developing code in Python, R, or other languages
• Have an understanding in Data Science methodology and techniques. Experience in Data Science is a big plus but not required.
• Ability to balance long-term strategic planning with tactical analytical & reporting requests
• Strong analytical skills combined with proficiency in understanding, representing, and communicating data-driven analysis to various departments by taking data and telling a story
• Proactive, detail-oriented, results-driven who will accept responsibility and accountability for Medscape Education’s analytics and outcomes function, while providing exceptional customer service
• Creative thinker who can utilize existing resources in a productive and/or innovative way
Excellent organization and documentation skills required (MS Word, Powerpoint, Google Drive)