Digital Analytics Team Lead
Location: Remote, USA
Job Type: Analytics
Our client is a leading regional bank with one of the top analytics departments in the industry.
The Digital Analytics Team Lead is primarily responsible for leading the formulation of hypotheses, translation of data, design/measurement of experiments and generation of insights to inform digital business decisions by understanding digital data and the digital business and then using various data mining techniques. This role will focus on partnering with the digital product team of one or more LOBs to drive deep knowledge and partnership to drive data-driven digital product features, roadmaps and strategies.
The Digital Analytics Team Lead uses data to perform more complex diagnostic analyses to provide answers to questions such as “Why did it happen?”, “What action can I take?” and “What features should we build?”. Guiding a team and/or project through the use of advanced reporting and execution of complex analyses, mapping out processes and applying necessary controls, the Digital Analytics Team Lead uses digital, business, industry / benchmark data and strategic knowledge to identify and anticipate business needs and opportunities, proactively managing partners and solving multiple problems for the business.
You will: leverage best in-class analytical and digital techniques using cutting-edge tools to gather insights and inform digital strategies, engage directly with executive leadership of business units, technology, operations, and finance, and receive action-oriented training and support from a team of experts responsible with driving analytical and digital strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Proactively solve digital business problems leveraging complex and diverse data
• Drive projects end to end; prioritize multiple projects; manage to tight deadlines
• Review deliverables; coach others on approach and work product
• Lead business partner interactions: drive for results and provide recommendations in alignment with business priorities
• Effectively communicate with team and business partners; articulate broad implications / impact of messages
• Address challenging situations; anticipate and address conflict by demonstrating managerial courage
• Proactively coach and guide the work of others; Serve as mentor within and beyond own team
• Manage integration of activities typically within own team
• Academic degree(s) in Analytics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Financial Mathematics, Statistics, or the Natural Sciences and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
• Experience managing direct reports
• Advanced proficiency with:
o Query writing/coding including complex joins
o Data visualization
o Analytical programming languages
o Digital data sources (e.g., Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tealeaf)
• Understanding of: digital product development and implementation, data source systems; process flow and automation
• Skill & Ability to: Work with big data; Navigate data warehouse and/or data supply chain
• Have a strong bias for action and quick iteration as opposed to perfection