SVP Business Operations
Location: New York, NY
ABOUT NCC MEDIA:
NCC Media is the only media, data and technology company that represents video programming providers in every US market. Our mission is to provide national, regional and local marketers the unique ability to reach today’s consumers in premium television programming and in targeted online content on every screen.
NCC Media represents every major cable, satellite and telco service provider in the country and is jointly owned by three of the nation’s largest; Comcast, Spectrum, and Cox Communications. Our nationwide team of over 500 people and our commitment to constant innovation and growth make NCC Media the best choice for reaching connected consumers.
JOB AT A GLANCE:
As the Senior Vice President, Business Operations you will be responsible for the successful execution of linear, digital and advanced targeted video advertising campaigns from RFP through billing and post-campaign reporting. You will lead NCC and our MVPDs and digital publishers through our next, and most important, transformation through the application of technical, operational and organizational techniques. You will interface with senior-level technology and business executives at advertising agencies, MVPDs, publishers and technology and data vendors. The position oversees field and centralized support and operational teams across seventeen offices throughout the United States.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Manage teams that prepare premium video-based media plans, book orders and IOs and optimize the delivery of campaigns covering both traditional, linear inventory as well as digital and advanced audience-based campaigns.
• Define and clearly communicate Business Operations processes and how they intersect with internal teams including Sales and Data.
• Work with the Engineering and Platform teams to define the roadmap for our Optix platform, NCC’s business operations platform that ensures the efficient, automated processing of video advertising campaigns on behalf of agencies and marketers
• Prepare NCC for future opportunities within the advertising industry by evolving people, processes and technologies; design the future state of Business Operations given the trajectory of changes on the buy side and supply side and the advancements of internal and external technologies.
• Work with executive-level technology and operations leads at NCC’s MVPD owners and affiliates to define current and future state execution of linear video ad campaigns through the thorough understanding of linear ad campaign scheduling and execution principles (i.e. Traffic and Billing systems).
• Manage teams responsible for maintaining operational data exchanges with our supply-side partners, the MVPDs and digital publishers, including reference and transactional data.
• Oversee the training and support of MVPD and publisher-facing ad technologies.
• Manage teams in charge of training and supporting buy-side customers in the details of local cable; work very closely with NCC Sales to ensure frictionionless exchange of information and transactions with buyers
• Work with buy-side technology vendors to understand their applications and design and implement technologies and processes that will advance (through data) and automate transactions, increasing the value of NCC’s inventory and capabilities, leading to material increases in revenue.
• Represent NCC and the industry’s technical and operational capabilities in industry forums and in front of executive-level individuals at advertising agencies, MVPDs and digital supply-side partners.
HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• Demonstrate experience in managing large operational teams across multiple disciplines and geographies.
• Have experience in leading large, enterprise-wide transformations; experience with leading large, industry-wide transformations a plus
• Possess superior project management skills; experience with the Agile Development Framework a plus
• Having a deep understanding of local Nielsen audience measurement is a must; knowledge of industry-accepted audience allocation methodologies (i.e. CableTrack) as well as familiarity with local cable-specific measurement methodologies (i.e. FUSION and National Data Modeling) a plus.
• Deep understanding of all the transactional details of executing local linear and digital campaigns at both the buy-side and sell-side levels is a must.
Superior presentation and communication skills.