Senior Media Research Analyst
Location: Los Angeles or Atlanta
WHAT WE DO:
Our mission at NCC Media is to connect brands with consumers by offering data-driven advertising solutions for our clients. Jointly owned by Comcast Corporation, Charter Communications, Inc. and Cox Communications, our company provides unparalleled access to video and digital inventory for advertising placement. Using a multitude of primary and syndicated data sources NCC Media is poised to drive business through insightful analyses of audience delivery, the media landscape, and consumer behavior.
JOB AT A GLANCE:
The Senior Media Research Analytics Specialist will be responsible for providing NCC Sales, Sales Marketing, and Research Management with detailed data analyses, brand/category insights and other research products. Responsibilities will also include the positioning of data for client-specific marketing presentations. The Senior Media Research Analytics Specialist will utilize audience data, ad expenditure data, local and national qualitative data, geographic maps/reports and other resources to create compelling stories.
1. Responsible for fulfilling NCC Regional offices research requests and serve as back-up support for the other Regional offices
2. Provide supporting materials to address marketplace challenges, provide best-in-class data-driven solutions to drive sales and build the NCC brand
3. Become an expert in audience measurement and syndicated data sources to field questions from NCC Sales and our agency partners
4. Proactively utilize first party data as well as existing syndicated tools for competitive positioning and to drive sales through new, innovative analyses
5. Maintain/update internal research tools
6. Data vetting and Quality Assurance for NCC Research systems
7. Assist in special projects for corporate and the research team
HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and detail oriented. You have a natural curiosity, aptitude for technology, and can quickly adapt to our ever-changing landscape. The ideal candidate will have a solutions-oriented approach and be able to handle multiple tasks and projects at the same time, while effectively prioritizing duties.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required. Must be motivated, adaptable, and customer-focused.
• College degree required
• Strong Excel skills, preferably advanced
• Solid writing, math, and organizational skills are essential
• Proficient media data knowledge (Nielsen, GfK MRI, Scarborough, PRIZM, Kantar, iSpot.tv, etc.) a plus
• Proficient in various application software (STRATA, Nielsen, GfK MEMRI, Claritas, data visualization, BI, etc.) a plus
• Experience at a media company, syndicated research company, or advertising agency in a research-related position a plus
Key words: media research, advertising research, media planning, media buying, data analytics