Senior Manager of Business Analytics & Insights
Location: Boston Area
IQ Workforce is a leading recruiting firm for the analytics community.
Our client is a global consumer goods brand that is based out of the greater Boston area. They are looking for a Senior Manager of Business Analytics & Insights who will lead foundational learning across the organization in the area of consumption and advanced analytics for effective marketing measurement.
The ideal candidate will drive change and best practices within global consumption tracking and understanding, as well as, all areas of the marketing mix from reaching the right consumers to measuring the effectiveness of programs in market and ultimately to understanding the return on investment across programs.
· Provides a comprehensive understanding of monthly consumption drivers for senior management and the board of directors in NA and key international markets.
· Using analytics to reach the right consumers for traditional and digital programs
· Post marketing event analysis for digital and traditional media
· ROI by program to recommend optimization of spend across programs
· Leads pricing analytics through understanding elasticities, competitive effects and key thresholds and is able to provide recommendations and impact on business
· Drive the adoption of best practice research techniques to include consistency in understanding consumption and best practices around new item launches.
· Drive a standard approach and best practice in all elements of evaluating the marketing mix and effectiveness and create a best practice in measuring digital marketing effectiveness.
· Responsible for methodology selection and budget management.
· Drive consistency where possible globally in key markets
· Manage relationships with research partners to improve quality and impact of insights.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
· Significant experience in marketing research/brand/insights, significant experience in managing/integrating syndicated data (Nielsen/IRI):
o discovering, identifying, and analyzing customer/user and mega trends
o project management
· Proven record of establishing internal and external partnership
· Exceptional communicator (verbal and written) at all levels inside and outside the organization
· Ability to tell a story and simplify complex data
· Ability to influence. Knowing the balance between data and experience with a bias for action
· Knowledge of insights tools and processes including strong proficiency in syndicated data sources including marketing mix, pricing and consumption data (IRI, Nielsen)