Senior Data Engineer
Location: New York
NCC Media is the only media, data and technology company that represents video programming providers in every US market. Our mission is to provide national, regional and local marketers the unique ability to reach today’s consumers in premium television programming and in targeted online content on every screen.
NCC Media represents every major cable, satellite and telco service provider in the country and is jointly owned by three of the nation’s largest; Comcast, Spectrum, and Cox Communications. Our nationwide team of over 500 people and our commitment to constant innovation and growth make NCC Media the best choice for reaching connected consumers.
We are seeking a Data Engineer responsible for our data analytics and data pipeline applications using Spark, RedShift, Scala and Python. We are looking for an experience data pipeline builder and data wrangler capable of optimizing data systems.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and build our data analytics and data pipeline system on Amazon Web Services technologies (AWS EMR, AWS Data Pipeline, Glue, RedShift, etc.), and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the applications. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
• Design and build our data pipeline
• Assemble, combine and transform large multiple complex data sets
• Build analytics tools using the data pipeline to provide actionable insights to end users
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, data sets and tools (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, etc.)
• Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
• Strong knowledge and experience working with AWS eco-system
• Skill for writing reusable code
• Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
• Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
• Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN, VSTS