Manager of Data Science (Shopper Life-cycle)
Location: San Francisco
Job Type: Full Time
IQ Workforce provides talent services for the analytics community.
Our client is one of the most successful technology start-ups in the last 5 years. They have grown to 300+ employees, their service area is over 60% of homes in the US and are valued at 4.2 Billion dollars (Feb 2018).
This client has a fast growing 25+person centralized data science team, made up of Data Engineers and Data Scientists. 2018 will be a high growth year, with plans to double the size of the team.
They are currently looking to add a Manager of Data Science in their Shopping Life-cycle team. You will directly manage a team of Data Scientists that will be embedded in data driven Product teams and tackle ambitious projects with a team of experienced OR Scientists, Product Managers and ML Engineers.
The Manager will own the strategic relationship with these 5 Product teams. The teams’ goal is to continuously improve the company’s marketplace and shopping efficiencies.
Some of the teams’ projects include:
- Design experiments to help with cutting edge technology such as augmented reality or indoor GPS
- Design and rigorously test new features in our app that improve quality of service for our customers
- Identify the optimal product strategy for different marketplaces
- Define and measure metrics that quantify the tradeoffs between different fulfillment models
- Distill complex datasets into actionable KPIs; build and automate reporting to empower data driven decision making across the company
5+ years of experience or equivalent in conducting quantitative research, analysis and modeling, preferably at a start-up
Prior direct team management experience required
Experience managing or supporting Data Scientists in model validation and algorithm / model optimization
Expertise in wrangling large datasets (SQL, Hive, or Spark)
Effective data visualization skills (Tableau, Looker, or D3.js)
Solid programming skills for statistical analysis (Python or R)
A passion for leveraging data for business impact
A high sense of urgency and ownership
Growth mindset; the ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment
Prior experience in logistics and marketplace systems preffered