Director of Digital & Membership Analytics
Location: New York
IQ Workforce is a leading recruiting firm for the analytics community. We are working with a top digital content publisher on this interesting role. They are looking for a Director of Digital and Membership Analytics to be based out of their NYC HQ. The primary role of this position is to manage a staff of 5+ professionals while managing day-to-day operations. The team provides digital and membership analysis, design and delivery of data visualizations and advanced analytics / predictive modeling, clustering, look alike modeling. This position will have cross-functional responsibilities and will interact with the executive team and managers of all divisions. This person will be responsible to train and mentor analysts, manage development cycles of new reporting platforms and features and will be responsible to implement new performance measures.
- Manage a staff of 5+ of analysts and dashboard developers.
- Manage and new standards and operational guidelines to improve efficiency, quality and provide repeatable results.
- Provide Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Executive Level reporting.
- Develop new and manage existing KPIs and Dashboards.
- Develop new predictive and response models and introduce these into business processes.
- Support reporting of membership acquisitions and retention and product performance reporting.
- Understand our online transactional systems, enterprise data warehouse and data models
- Apply professional expertise and specific domain knowledge to develop data visualization and contribute to the “story telling” of our business successes and challenges.
- Work with Department managers to understand new products, identify the impact of changes to products and processes and be able to translate these into reporting specifications.
- Develop user stories and technical requirements for dashboard products.
- Work with QA to verify and release new reporting products and manage the review and investigation of defects.
- Participate in system testing as well as assisting business during UAT testing.
- Review technical documentation, and create how-to guides, cheat sheets, or other instructional materials for reporting products.
- Provide training on reporting platforms and products.
- Extensive experience in Business Analytics and reporting and data warehouses
- A bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field of study, MBA is a plus
- Significant management experience
- Significant experience in Data Visualization, Dashboard development and industry recognized business intelligence tools
- Familiarity with statistics, data modeling & data science concepts and methodologies
- Extensive experience in putting together and delivering presentations to management level personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present information to senior management
- Must be proficient with MS Excel and SQL with the ability to write queries against an enterprise data warehouses
- Knowledge of web metrics (e.g. Visits, Unique Users, Page Views, Impressions, Clicks, CTR)