Data Engineering & Data Governance Specialist
Location: Austin, TX
eClerx Digital is the trusted partner of choice to the world’s largest global brands for creative production, eCommerce/web operations, and analytics and insights services. Our rich history of data management and process optimization combined with our industry-leading analytics and marketing operations expertise improves profitability for our clients’ digital businesses.
As a result of our growth in the analytics, insights & reporting (AIR) practice, we currently have the need for an Analytics Consultant – Data Engineer to further our growth and maturity in this key domain. Data Engineering Consultant will be responsible for providing solutions to data challenges through architecture, design and implementation. This role is a customer-facing, leadership role intended to bring strategic thought-leadership and analytical rigor to our AIR practice, as well as to provide onshore presence and guidance to our offshore delivery model.
• Apply your experience and expertise in data engineering, problem solving, storytelling and the ability to look beyond the numbers and develop deep understanding of how our recommendations affects business objectives
• Document, assess, influence and synthesize business requirements to develop, enable and advance data engineering & data infrastructure capabilities
• Design future-state architectures of their data platforms enabling analytical intelligence and then play a role to implement a roadmap to reach that state
• Work with business partners in cross functional teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
• Collaborate with the eClerx development teams to create data tools for analytics and data sciences
• Contribute to new business pilots/proposals and products/solutions development
• Most importantly, a successful candidate will be a team player and collaborator within the eClerx community
• Execute processes for monitoring, measuring, and reporting compliance with acceptable levels of data quality (completeness, validity, consistency, timeliness and accuracy)
• Collaborate with Client Engagement Manager and delivery team to identify expansion opportunities within assigned customer accounts; this role does not have a business development requirement, but rather an entrepreneurial mindset to proactively identify unmet and unarticulated business problems while working with the client
• Collaborate with multiple stakeholders and participate in meetings to define/identify business requirements and data mapping sessions to understand business needs
• 3-5 years of professional experience in data management, data engineering, data infrastructure, data warehousing, data quality and/or governance or relevant consulting experience for an enterprise scale company
• Experience collecting requirements and inputs from client stakeholders to define objectives and processes.
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as familiarity with a variety of relational databases
• Experience with Data Cataloging, data lineage mapping and establishing best practices
• Experience in establishing and successfully implementing Data Governance initiatives: heavy emphasis on developing and implementing data standards, policies, practices, and procedures that lead to substantive improvements in data quality
• MS in Information Systems or related advanced degree or Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience desired
• Client-facing experience in analytical projects and teams
• Successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
• Experience in using various reporting or BI tools to create analytical dashboards that depict critical KPI’s for business needs
• Ability to automate data reconciliation checks from source to reporting systems using various tools and technologies
• Understanding of data manipulation technologies & data platforms (based on either prepackaged ETL tools and/or custom programming).
• Excellent communications skills, both written and spoken, as well as being able to present complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and a comfort interacting with clients from the C-suite to managers to technical specialists
• Be comfortable working autonomously or with broad guidelines; this role will often be working independently at client offices
eClerx provides critical business operations services to over fifty global Fortune 500 clients, including some of the world’s leading companies across financial services, cable & telecom, retail, fashion, media & entertainment, manufacturing, travel & leisure, software and high-tech. Incorporated in 2000, eClerx is one of India’s leading process management and data analytics companies and is today traded on both the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges of India. eClerx employs 9,000 people across its global sites in the US, UK, India, Italy, Germany, Singapore, Thailand.