Data Analyst / Visualization Consultant
PURPOSE OF POSITION
• Lead implementation and maintenance of the global Employee Communication and Engagement measurement framework to optimize enterprise Johnson & Johnson’s digital communications tools.
• Maintain, produce, and evolve customized reporting and data visualizations for enterprise internal channels, platforms, and digital tools.
• Participate as an active team member in delivering on the Employee Communication & Engagement team’s mission to inspire, inform and mobilize 140,000+ Johnson & Johnson employees to create healthier futures for our business, our world and people everywhere.
RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPAL DUTIES (Essential Functions)
• Implement measurement framework to optimize enterprise digital communications tools.
– Design and employ a range of data analytic techniques that combine quantitative and qualitative research approaches that are both innovative and pragmatic in improving the effectiveness of employee communications.
– Develop and maintain templates for standard reports and Key Performance Indicators in support of the measurement framework, using data-visualization tools such as PowerBI, Google Data Studio, and Tableau.
– Support the Digital Innovation & Insights Director on standing up analysis capabilities and empowering teams to drive their own analytics by enabling automated reporting where possible.
– Maintain measurement framework and assess framework for optimal performance.
– Collaborate by combining cross-functional data sources to advance analytics enterprise-wide.
• Develop, maintain, and improve all reporting associated with execution of the enterprise digital communications tools. Report out on key KPIs, identify key trends and patterns, and interpret the data into practical and useful recommendations to support strategic objectives across the enterprise.
– Design and develop unified dashboard experiences for the enterprise digital communications tools.
– Standardize metrics to allow for simpler, faster access to results.
– Amplify real-time reporting capabilities for high-visibility campaigns and crisis communications.
– Provide guidance using analytics and insights to determine benchmarking and the highest ROI on activities.
– Partner with Global Security Information, Workforce Analytics and J&J Home Teams on reporting of metrics.
– Partner with JJT and ISRM to create secure and compliant digital reporting tools.
– Develop data visualizations and data models that enable dynamic metrics scorecards for each sector, respectively.
– Provide regular updates for enterprise-wide performance dashboards.
– Contribute to the professional development of colleagues through organizing digital measurement trainings throughout the year allowing them to be champions for using data to drive smarter business decisions across all initiatives.
• Continual process improvement.
– Expansion of existing tool functionality and optimization of metrics reporting within these tools.
– Evangelize tools among sectors and functions, helping them to choose the right tools for their communications.
– Enhance email marketing optimization via segmented benchmarking and reporting.
– Champion the use of audience insights data and how to get the best from it, making recommendations for future activity based on detailed scrutiny.
– Cross-channel reporting via Google Data Studio and PowerBI.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Data Science, or a related discipline is required.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in data visualization, business analysis, digital analytics, and/or marketing analytics working with global organizations.
• Technology-savvy with knowledge and expertise in working with Business Insight tools and HR/People analytics to connect and blend various datasets and publish unified dashboards.
• Advanced understanding of PowerBI, Google Data Studio, Tableau, or other digital visualization tools.
• Ability to synthesize data and draw actionable insight from data sets; use statistical analysis to find trends in data and communicate recommendations to all levels of the organization.
• Ability to balance a number of assignments and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven track record of working well with business stakeholders.
• Knowledge of current standards in digital and interactive marketing reporting, including trends and best practices in order to improve efficacy of programs.
• Ability to work well with cross-functional teams delivering excellent customer care in a digital and/or data environment.
• Self-starter with proven ability to prioritize resources among multiple concurrent projects.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Thrives in fast-paced environments; is flexible, collaborative, and deadline driven. Polished presentation, writing, and organizational skills.
• Advanced understanding of Google Analytics, Yammer Communities, Smartsheet optimization, Salesforce Marketing Cloud reporting, and other digital analysis tools and the ability to explain technical complexities to non-technical colleagues is a plus.