AVP Analytics - Commercial Insurance
Location: Greenwich, CT
IQ Workforce is a leading recruiting firm for the analytics community. We are working with one of the top global commercial insurance companies on this high-impact role. Their centralized analytics center of excellence acts as an internal consultancy, supporting the leaders of their 40+ operating units and businesses globally. This role will face-off with the Presidents of their companies and SVP’s of operating units to drive competitive advantage via data analytics.
They are seeking a candidate with deep knowledge of commercial insurance AND analytics. This position offers the opportunity to apply advanced analytics techniques and models to a variety of use cases, such as pricing, claims, and marketing, and to work with many different commercial insurance lines. This leadership role exists within the Corporate Analytics Team, which serves as a center of excellence to spread analytics best practices throughout the many companies in our holding company structure.
- Serve as liaison between the corporate analytics team and leaders within assigned segment of companies.
- Manage projects and coordinate work assignments among team members of the corporate analytics department, as well as among analytics and predictive modeling associates within companies.
- Provide consulting to C-Suite officers of our companies to help them set a vision and strategy for analytics within their organizations.
- In addition to actuarial use cases, projects can involve data analytics and predictive modeling for other functional areas, such as marketing, claims, risk management, and underwriting, to name a few examples.
- Significant insurance industry experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must demonstrate comfort in working with senior level management.
- This position also involves hands-on analytics work that requires in-depth knowledge of analytics tools and methods such as: Hadoop/big data, AI, data modeling and/or languages such as R, Python, SQL, SAS.
- Must exhibit a passion for learning new technologies.
- Must be willing to be located near the corporate headquarters in Greenwich, CT.
- Graduate degree in a quantitative or technical discipline is preferred.
- Evidence of continuous education related to data science is a big plus.
- Insurance industry certification, such as FCAS, or CPCU, is a plus.