Director of Business Development for Analytics Practice
eClerx Digital is the trusted partner of choice to the world’s largest global brands for creative production, eCommerce / web operations, and analytics & insights services. We improve profitability for their digital businesses.
Our team of 3000+ full-time digital delivery employees at our five production hubs in Mumbai, Pune, Chandigarh, Verona and Phuket apply deep digital expertise to effectively support the most demanding global clients by a follow the sun delivery model. This is supported with onshore consultants – located at London, EMEA headquarters or directly onsite at client locations – to create a hybrid model that maximizes client results. This innovative delivery model drives the “metrics that matter” for our clients: improved acquisition, conversion and retention and overall lifetime value of your customer 24x7x365.
Our success is based upon closely collaborating with our clients, which is best achieved through a local presence, relationship building, and developing a strong understanding of their business and processes. Being close, responsive and available to key client sponsors and leveraging that proximity and goodwill is critical to identifying new opportunities and solutions that continue to help improve our clients’ operations.
In this role, you will identify, develop and build new business for eClerx Digital in the fast growing field of digital/advanced analytics beyond our current strong client base. Also manage some clients from account mining and development perspective. Client solutions will include digital and advanced solutions tied to customer business critical metrics in the broad areas of customer analytics, campaign analytics, and operational analytics. These solutions can range from:
− understanding digital customer behavior and funnel to recommend optimal solutions for better conversion and customer experience
− understanding search and navigation journey on multiple devices at category level to define optimization roadmap
− analyze product and promotions effectiveness to recommend better merchandising decisions
− improving marketing effectiveness through improved campaign targeting or a 1-to-1 personalization approach,
− gaining a thorough understanding of the customer base through profiling, lifetime, churn and response modeling,
− optimizing sales strategies by mapping sales funnel journeys, enhancing leads and improving conversion through lead scoring and propensity modeling, ,
− reducing cost and working capital by implementing a state-of-the-art forecasting system, and pushing the boundaries of the possible through the use of applications of big data, machine learning and other cutting-edge analytical approaches, techniques and technologies.
Ultimately, the role will surface client-based needs and pain points and work in collaboration with our practice leads, solution leads, and our team of digital and advanced analytics consultants to deliver a meaningful improvement to the client’s business. We are seeking experienced and talented individuals with the knowledge, skills and ability to develop new clients through the entire sales cycle.
• Acquire new clients for eClerx Digital and Advanced analytics solutions through outbound sales efforts, targeted events and networking opportunities.
• Identify, establish and develop new relationships at different levels of seniority (executives, stakeholders, sponsors, influencers, end users) in target industries and at target companies to drive new revenues selling a portfolio of advanced productized services and consulting engagements
• Partner internally with eClerx practice domain leaders to create customized client solutions for client acquisition
• Work in collaboration with eClerx practice leads, Customer Solution Managers, Marketing and our vast “alumni” network in lead generation, deal strategy and relationship management activities to create customized client solutions
• Manage the new deal process with potential clients, utilizing in-house presales and other support while generating tailored documentation for the specific market
• Contribute to the development of new services based on industry trends, evolution and “on the street” feedback / experience
• Leverage and build a regional and industry network to identify new client and sales opportunities
• Manage couple of clients from engagement perspective and define and execute account mining/ development plan to grow the account yoy
• Critical that the successful candidate has strong understanding the key sponsors and their operations –their challenges, pains, industry etc:
o Significant to extensive experience in consultative and strategic sales roles of digital and analytical solutions into heads of sales / marketing / ecommerce / data management
o Prior experience with managing, facilitating and evangelizing quantitative data analysis and other digital and advanced analytical solutions and technologies to improve decision making across business functions.
• Experience in a high-volume multi-project environment with multiple stakeholders
• Strong track record of direct client-facing experience (minimum 5+ years)
• Strong commercial acumen with strong negotiating skills and ability to manage a deal process from origination through to close
• Proven track record of winning new business beyond the company’s existing client base
• Exposure to key legacy and industry-standard digital and advanced analytical techniques, platforms, solutions etc., and their applications.
• Ability to also look beyond the data to develop a deep understanding of how our recommendations could impact business objectives
• Excellent presentation / communication skills – written and verbal – comfort presenting and engaging at senior levels – implicit capabilities in MS Office Suite (Word / PowerPoint / Excel)
• Ambitious and entrepreneurial, preferably with an extensive network of contacts
• Organized and structured approach to selling and tracking progress (salesforce.com experience a plus)